Virtue | Diligence | Brotherly Love
Our chapter house, located at 11 Boynton Street in Worcester, MA.
Sigma Phi Epsilon Massachusetts Beta prides itself on developing balanced men by upholding the cardinal principles of this chapter which are virtue, diligence, and brotherly love. Such men have made astounding impact on Worcester Polytechnic Institute and its community. We are continuously striving to improve ourselves and those around us through community service and philanthropy with love and passion.
Our chapter began its time here at WPI as Delta Tau, which was chartered on February 2nd, 1906. Delta Tau was founded here at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and was a local fraternity. They were housed at 66 Park Avenue in 1907, and then at 143 Highland Street in 1911. As of 1913, they had 25 members. In 1919 they moved once again to 30 Institute Road.
In 1924, Delta Tau merged with 8 other local fraternities to form Theta Upsilon Omega.
After 14 years, Sigma Phi Epsilon merged with Theta Upsilon Omega and we took on our new letters in 1938. In 1942 we acquired the President’s House on 11 Boynton Street and have called it home ever since. We are proud to be able to live at a recognized historical landmark in Worcester. Since then, we have added a neighboring house on 4 Elbridge Street to allow more brothers the opportunity to live in house.